- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simatos View Post
Steve Thank

Is there a drawing equivalent to the Rev P G3X manual (Page 24-6) in the G3X TOUCH manual??
Hello Gary,

There is a single installation manual for both G3X and G3X Touch systems, and this the the Rev. P G3X Installation Manual.

The drawing on page 24-6 illustrates how to interface the Ray Allen trim position sensors to the GEA 24 which is used on both systems.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:03 AM

Steve,
OK that's great Im with the program, Thanks for your speedy reply. Getting close to flashing up the system, Cheers and happy holiday
Gary
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 AM

So here’s my (not so bright) questions. Do I:
1 Branch off the two pitch trim motor wires as they pass by the pitch servo and connect to the servo then continue on to the trim switch?
2 Branch off the three wires at the trim position indicator, at the instrument panel, and connect them to GEA 24?
Paid My 2019 dues
Old 12-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Dan,
If you mean branch off the way I think you do then NO.
1-The trim power goes to the servo then the servo powers the trim motor.
This way the servo can control speed of trim.
2- You will not need a separate trim indicator in the panel as the G3X will provide that indication on the PFD so the three indicator wires go directly to the GEA.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 12-01-2014, 02:30 PM

I guess I'm confused
How do I control the trim manually? i.e. when not on auto pilot.
Paid My 2019 dues
Old 12-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Think of the servo as being a closed relay and the trim works off a switch like usual. However the servo can break in and reduce the speed of trim, limit the time of trim and auto trim for the autopilot.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 12-03-2014, 12:06 AM

ka6dan & MarkW sorry to drop into the middle of your conversation, but I think I was where you were last week ka6dan and now you are asking how to wire in the MANUAL trim switch, is that correct?? If you look above, the Garmin folks describe the trim INDICATION hook up, the SERVO (GSA28) to trim motor hook up and like you the only thing we now need is where to wire the MANUAL trim switch. That is one thing I am also still unclear on. Perhaps Steve with Garmin may pipe in on the way to go with this. Thanks G
Old 12-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simatos View Post
ka6dan & MarkW sorry to drop into the middle of your conversation, but I think I was where you were last week ka6dan and now you are asking how to wire in the MANUAL trim switch, is that correct?? If you look above, the Garmin folks describe the trim INDICATION hook up, the SERVO (GSA28) to trim motor hook up and like you the only thing we now need is where to wire the MANUAL trim switch. That is one thing I am also still unclear on. Perhaps Steve with Garmin may pipe in on the way to go with this. Thanks G
Hello Gary,

Step 1: Start with a fully functioning manual electric trim system with trim switch, relay(as needed), and trim motor.

Step 2: Break into the 2 wires going to the trim motor and connect the two wires coming from the switch side to pins 11,12 on the GSA 28 servo.

Step 3: Connect the two wires going to the trim motor to pins 13,14 of the GSA 28 servo.

Auto-trim wiring installation complete.

Page 21-7 of the Rev. P G3X Installation manual includes diagrams that illustrate single and dual switch installations much better than we can here in words alone.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM

Default GSA 28 pitch problems

Using the G3X non touch, GSA 28 autopilot I'm experiencing aggressive pitch up, and pitch down response when engaging the A/P. The G3X is telling me to trim down, then trim up so it's not holding any altitude much less climbing to a set altitude. When testing it on the ground the G3X toggle moves the control stick "pitch up" when I toggle it downward and vice versa, is that normal? If not, maybe it's "reversed" and needs to be changed. I did not build this 7 and don't know how it was wired but can go into the G3X menu to change settings. Any suggestions? Settings? Thanks! Mike