Today was quite the treat because I got to check out the tail light, wingtip lights and the landing light. When I got to the shop today I populated the left wing connector and checked the pinout many times. I found a few mistakes and corrected them.
Rolled the wing around to the plane and connected the wire and when I hit the switches..... No Smoke! Alll of the lights came on when they were supposed to.
Those were my best attempt to get a pic of no strobe vs strobe on. Then I pulled out a headset and plugged them in and retested everything. Complete silence in the headset! No noise whatsoever. No strobe noise, no light noise, just dead silence. I guess it paid off to not ground anything locally and run all of the grounds and shields back to the firewall to a ground block separately. My brothers RV-10 has just a faint noise from the strobes and it is a little annoying.
Feeling like I accomplished something good today I decided to go and start the exciting task of drilling, deburring, and dimpling the left skin. I got the drilling and deburred one side and left remembering what it was like on the RV-10 we built years ago. It's amazing how much work goes into the line "final drill, deburr, dimple and prime of needed" in the -10 instructions. Oh well, back at it monday....