VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-31-2017, 09:04 PM

I have experience with A20 and the V6 in my rebel. Disable all the fancy VOGAD and set the box to midway and start from there. It works fine as long as vogad is disabled.
Aero Engineer, A&P
Old 01-01-2018, 02:47 PM

The advice from my ENT doc was get the best noise protection you can find, cheaper than hearing aids! I have used the A20 for about five years. I also wear ear plugs at the same time with slight increase in radio volume. I find this also cuts background noise. The A20 somewhat fragile, I have replace the cord under warranty and now the timer on mine does not turn it off, have to manually turn off. Happy with comfort and clarity.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisnar View Post
The advice from my ENT doc was get the best noise protection you can find, cheaper than hearing aids! I have used the A20 for about five years. I also wear ear plugs at the same time with slight increase in radio volume. I find this also cuts background noise. The A20 somewhat fragile, I have replace the cord under warranty and now the timer on mine does not turn it off, have to manually turn off. Happy with comfort and clarity.
Call Bose. The headset has a 5 year warranty. I just had to get my cord replaced due to the mic pulling out. Best customer service ever. Free overnight shipping and a free return label in the email for the old one.
Aero Engineer, A&P
Old 01-04-2018, 12:35 AM

I use an A20 in a radial Pitts. I had heard Chinese whispers that the A20 simply wouldn't handle the noise reduction in a loud radial, which turns out to be nonsense. It handles it fine.

Also I accidentally sat on it one day and snapped the headband, making it unusable. I called Bose and admitted it was my fault & asked if I could pay to have it repaired. They said they'd repair it under warranty anyway, sent a courier to pick it up, and had it courier delivered back to me, together with a bluetooth module upgrade to the latest version, and all new ear cup padding, mic muff, etc.

Nothing but positive things to say about them, or the service.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:56 AM

Default KUDOS for BOSE

Same with me.
Super fast FREE repair on 3 year old headset.
They replaced the entire cord/battery box assembly, and put on some new ear cups that I didn't even ask for!

This A20 has better noise reduction than my old Bose X headset, which in turn had better noise reduction than my Telex Echelon NR headset.

Last edited by jeffsvan : 01-04-2018 at 10:59 AM.