Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2017, 10:58 AM

On the topic of “drop lights”, an easy solution is to get a lamp socket and wire a length of electrical cord. Cut a round hole in the bottom of a 1-quart cottage cheese or yogurt container big enough for the lap socket. Use an LED bulb. Put the cover on he plastic container.

A droppable drop light that won’s scratch anything. As a bonus, it has a flat end so it can sit easily on any available surface.

Write-up here -> http://elder.ninja/blog/p/3659
Old 12-28-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironflight View Post
Nothing in the RV universe is smaller than a -3.....

When we were building ours, we filled the spaces between bulkheads with pillow (or pillow-like objects), then used thick moving blankets folded up into long, skinny (12") platforms that took the body over teh bulkheads themselves. This combination spread the load pretty well, and made it somewhat comfortable.

Remove the empennage fairing to allow some breeze through the fuselage as well!
Paul's idea works well and is simple. I use it a lot.
As long as there is something distributing the weight over a large are of the skin it works fine... just try and avoid a small single point load like an elbow of single hand supporting all of you weight in one spot.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 12-28-2017, 03:38 PM

Default RV-7

Thanks guys for all of the ideas. We're going the cushion route. I went by Goodwill and they were having a sale on orphaned cushions. Bought enough to fill the back of our SUV for $26! We will use a piece of plywood in the baggage area and overlay the cushions in the aft fuselage with a huge folded comforter that I also bought at Goodwill Aerospace.......included in the $26 total!
Old 12-28-2017, 04:38 PM

I used a K mart bean bag. Removed 1/2 the beans and placed them in a king pillowcase. This allows them to shape over bulkhead and fill in the floor to bulkhead height....... Actually very comfortable.
VAF #897
2017 =VAF= Dues PAID