Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-14-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXflyer View Post
Looks more like it was never tightened or had been and did not lock due to too much use as per regs on nylon lock nuts. The gap is wrong due to one or those two items.
Also due to the way its used don't think one would torque it, should be just snug as they need the actuator to be able to move so it can stay aligned.
And it needs to have a cotter pin! As has been stated earlier in the thread. Seems to me that should be the end of the conversation..........
Pete Hunt, [San Diego] VAF #1069
RV-6, RV-6A, T-6G
ATP, CFII, A&P

2017 Donation+ Sent
Old 12-14-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHunt View Post
And it needs to have a cotter pin! As has been stated earlier in the thread. Seems to me that should be the end of the conversation..........
Should be the cotter pin is called for along with the proper nut. The comment was about the existing nut by the way. Didn't mean to get anyones dander up. Boyd ps roll my eyes ho hum
Old 12-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

To answer the question, I don't think it was ever tightened. That being said, I went to look at the plans as I thought it needed a drilled bolt, but I see it's already been posted.

That's what I get for being busy out doing demos.

Vic

Built RV-4, RV-6, 2-RV-10's, RV-7A, RV-8, Prescott Pusher, Kitfox Model II, Kitfox Speedster, Kitfox 7 Super Sport, Just Superstol, DAR, A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor, CFII-ASMEL/ASES
EAA Homebuilt Council Chair/member EAA BOD
Van's East Coast Representative
www.Baselegaviation.com