VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

  #281  
Old 12-08-2017, 07:53 AM
fixnflyguy fixnflyguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, N.C.
Posts: 886
Default

Vlad,
I know most all the owners, many I can call and pre-arrange, but none of them object to "drop-ins". I will get condition updates from local Big Tire crowd although recent low altitude surveillance and mosquito/deer eradication via smoke indicates all in good shape.
__________________
Bill E.
RV-4/N76WE
41 Aeronca 65TC Defender
8A7 / Advance NC
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-08-2017, 09:54 AM
aparchment's Avatar
aparchment aparchment is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Hamilton, MA
Posts: 515
Default Randolph Island?

Hey Vlad,
Did you mean Richmond Island? The pic you posted looks like Richmond. For what it's worth the cove on the lee of the island is a great place to swim and go to the beach in the summer. It's very private and the water is clear and usually gets a bit warmer (warm is relative in Maine).
Antony
__________________
Antony
RV-7A
Empenage complete, wings complete, tip-up canopy complete, starting wiring ...
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Vlad's Avatar
Vlad Vlad is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparchment View Post
Hey Vlad,
Did you mean Richmond Island? The pic you posted looks like Richmond. For what it's worth the cove on the lee of the island is a great place to swim and go to the beach in the summer. It's very private and the water is clear and usually gets a bit warmer (warm is relative in Maine).
Antony

It is Antony but don’t tell anybody. We call it any name except real. Sheep Island is the most recent...
__________________
Where is N666BK?

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 12-08-2017, 12:52 PM
aparchment's Avatar
aparchment aparchment is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Hamilton, MA
Posts: 515
Default Oops!

I think I just did! Okay, going forward, Sheep Island it is.
__________________
Antony
RV-7A
Empenage complete, wings complete, tip-up canopy complete, starting wiring ...
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Captain_John's Avatar
Captain_John Captain_John is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: KPYM
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
It is Antony but donít tell anybody. We call it any name except real. Sheep Island is the most recent...
Na aaaaaah...

CJ
__________________
RV-7 Flying - 810 Hours in 3 Years!
TMX-IO-360, G3i ignition & G3X with VP-X
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Vlad's Avatar
Vlad Vlad is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,348
Talking A road in Montana

Visited a ranch in Montana. Some coordination was required. A side road was blocked and designated as a landing site. Sheriff’s office was notified.









Spent two nights there.




A short video was made by my buddy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjaToVlH...-by=pico.pilot
__________________
Where is N666BK?

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.

Last edited by Vlad : 05-31-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:17 PM
RWoodard's Avatar
RWoodard RWoodard is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Posts: 232
Default

You guys are having way too much fun!

Iíve got a video of your departure from KFNL, but itís not as interesting as your Montana video by a long shot.

Travel safe!
__________________
Rod Woodard
Windsor, Colorado (KFNL)
Midget Mustang N881MM
Longtime RV enthusiast
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 06-01-2018, 10:37 AM
smokyray's Avatar
smokyray smokyray is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TX32
Posts: 1,700
Default Take the Highway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Visited a ranch in Montana. Some coordination was required. A side road was blocked and designated as a landing site. Sheriff’s office was notified.
Vlad you madman, nicely done!
Your post brought back memories of a 90's jaunt in my 65HP Taylorcraft to a MT highway landing at Chico Hot Springs. At that time the Resort https://www.chicohotsprings.com/ monitored 122.7 and if you pre-coordinated they would block off the road and allow you to land alongside their parking lot.
They even had runway numbers painted on the highway. Subsequent fatal crash by a Twin on takeoff several years later closed that access forever.

Access by air now is the "Flying Y" PVT which is PPR, no worries if you're Vladimir, eh?
Maybe you should visit....
https://www.airnav.com/airport/MT48

Мне уже пора, пока!
Smokey

Last edited by smokyray : 06-01-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 06-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Vlad's Avatar
Vlad Vlad is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWoodard View Post
You guys are having way too much fun!

Iíve got a video of your departure from KFNL, but itís not as interesting as your Montana video by a long shot.

Travel safe!
Rodney thanks for the hospitality brother! Enjoyed tremendously! We flew your suggested route it was easy for us flat landers. Couldnít make Telluride somebody planted his craft hard before our arrival and closed runway for couple hours.




Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyray View Post
Vlad you madman, nicely done!
Your post brought back memories of a 90's jaunt in my 65HP Taylorcraft to a MT highway landing at Chico Hot Springs. At that time the Resort https://www.chicohotsprings.com/ monitored 122.7 and if you pre-coordinated they would block off the road and allow you to land alongside their parking lot.
They even had runway numbers painted on the highway. Subsequent fatal crash by a Twin on takeoff several years later closed that access forever.

Access by air now is the "Flying Y" PVT which is PPR, no worries if you're Vladimir, eh?
Maybe you should visit....
https://www.airnav.com/airport/MT48

Мне уже пора, пока!
Smokey

Smokey I scooted into that canyon off Pray toward the resort. I already had an intel on it. Fantastic surroundings.
__________________
Where is N666BK?

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 06-01-2018, 12:25 PM
jdiehl jdiehl is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 155
Default

Vlad, youíre so fortunate to be on the other side of the country enjoying the great weather. Spent the morning at KLHV- low ceiling, very humid, simply yucky! Good luck with your travels.
Jim 7A
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.