I've decided to convert my O-320-B2C to constant speed. There are several thread on it and I think I have a plan for the conversion...
The conversion is covered clearly in Lycoming's Service Instruction 1435. It's a pretty involved process. Also there's a great thread on VAF where someone did exactly what I'm about to do here...
I have purchased a Hartzell 72" propellor used 200hrs on an O-320 RV-4;
Blade: F8468-12 (72" factory)
It has 7/16" prop bolts, which match my flange lugs.
- Have the crank shop refit the flange dowels to match the new prop
- Have the crank guy swap the covers while he's yellow tagging it (Per Lyc. SI 1435)
- Install the fitting in the neck
- Install the governor pad adapter and gear
- Fabricate or buy the prop oil line
- Open the firewall footwell recess required for a CS RV-4
- Install the governor (I've got a line on several)
- Install a vernier prop control and bracket