What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy indicator

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I already have an indicator light on the panel, But would like an audio alarm if I mistakenly advance the throttle without latching the canopy. Anyone know if my Skyview is capable of doing such a thing? If so where do I start?
Thanks Ron

My RV-12 has such a warning. It announces "Check canopy latch" or something like that when my Rotax is above 3700 RPM, so the capability is there. Not sure how to configure it to do that, though. You'd need to bring the switch closure wire into the Dynon connector and define a Canopy switch closure widget on the EMS display and configure that with the correct RPM.

Thanks, I thought there was some talk about this a while back. Hopefully someone will chime in with instructions or I will have to ask Dynon for help.

Very cool! Has anyone done something like this for a RV-7 slider? I would love to add this to my "cool ideas to do when I get to the fuse" list. I am also going to go Dynon when the time comes.

I would imagine having to come up with some sort of interlock switch, or a magnetic reed switch on the sliding canopy or its latch to make this work?

Back