What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator feed line?

RV4er

Well Known Member
dsc00261xh5.jpg

Any suggestions on how to SAFELY run a feed line from my boost pump to my gascolator? Dayton, what did you use?

Safety in numbers...of hours!

Hi Tim,

I ran my fuel feed line to the firewall where I have a firewall attach dual male line fitting. On the outside I ran a dual 90 degree firesleeved aeroquip line to the gascolator (see photo) . The input port is aft on the Vans gascolator and you can choose either exit port, plug the other. You might need to move your gascolator away from the firewall a tad to be able to fit a 90 input line.

Mine has worked well for 1500 hours...good luck!

Rob Ray

[img=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2603/img2441pi3.th.jpg]

Last edited:
Tim,
I just finished doing that on my -4. It seemed like a small job but turned into one big pita. I used a 90 degree fitting going into the back of the Vans gascolator. My output line from the aux pump comes from the left side of the cockpit inner tunnel and out the firewall in another 90 degree fitting. A short length of tubing about 6" long joins the two fittings. Between dodging the engine mount, the exhaust pipes and the throttle and mixture cables there just isn't much room. Plus there has to be room for the fitting on the back of the gascolator. I fabricated a mount that holds the gascolator slightly farther out from the firewall than in your installation. This mount attaches just inside of the right cockpit inner tunnel wall, about where you have yours. If I had it to do over I think I would have gone with a racing filter instead. Good luck!

Alan
RV-4 N7028K

Thanks

Rob and Alan,

Thanks for your help. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. That is why this web site is so great.

Gascolator

Hi Tim
I had the same issues with my gascolator so I made a mount for it
spacer11is.jpg
[/IMG]
If you would like a print just send me your address
10004206qc.jpg
[/IMG]

But how did you connect

Dayton,

How did you connect the feed line through the firewall?

There is a hole in the back side of the mount for the AN fitting. The AN816 is in the gascolator it gose thru the mount and the flair nut connects on the inside of the mount thru the firewall.

Back