What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator Clearance to SS Governor Line

BillL

Well Known Member
Bill & Lazerman,
I am also installing my Red Cube in a manner similar to yours. But as looking at your photos I noticed that you have a SS governor line. Would it be possible that you have the part number and pictures of the installation near the alternator? I bought a line for my engine but it won't clear the alternator. Mine is a boss mounted from B&C. Any help would be appreciated.

It is really tight at the alternator (PlanePower). I adjusted (bent) the line slightly to get it closer to the case and further from the alternator. Hopefully, it will be OK once the belt is stretched into proper location. At worst a thin hose to prevent vibration contact will suffice, but very, very, close.

Moderators: This fits in FWF but no alternator exists, so placed it here.

IMG_0783.JPG

I have the same arrangement and share the clearance concern so I checked it today and have about 3/16" clearance between the alternator and the SS governor line. I will probably put a hose around the governor line as well.

Close

If you would replace the belt with the larger diameter it would allow the alternator to move away from the line. Providing there is enough room betweenThe cowling and the alternator.

Would you possibly have the part #? I ordered a line from lycoming (#71622) and it doesn't fit with my Superior I0360 with PCU5000 governor. Everything fits great except at the B&C 60 amp boss mount alt. It won't clear the mount. Any clearer pictures? I have the line to bend my own but seeing what's out there.

Back