What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CUMMINS SPINNERS

rv7guy2

Hello there fellow RV-aviators!
I am considering changing my Van's fiberglass spinner with a Cummins Spinners aluminum spinner for my Hartzell C/S prop on my RV-7. Has anyone had any experience with them? What are your thoughts both pro and con. I have visited the company's website and watched the videos and preparing it for mounting seems rather straight forward. I have to send my prop away anyway for inspection so I thought I'd change the spinner at the same time...and I like the looks of a polished Aluminum spinner. Yes I realize I'd have to do the polishing.
Has anyone ordered one? How long did it take to arrived from Australia, and what issues arose with with drilling it for the mounting screws and post installation?
I'd appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks
Dave C
RV-7
C-GCPD

I've got one (not fitted yet though..). Quality looks very good. Mine took about 6 weeks before it was ready to be shipped. There were some questions asked about the fit quality (due to the supplied bulkheads being slightly oversize I think), but I understand he has a fix in the works for this..

Allan can be a bit slow in answering emails, but he isn't a scammer so stick with it - the spinners are very nice.

I have one on an RV-8, I love it fit was good and had no issues installing it! It?s been on the 8 for 4 years, looks great!

Do a search on Cummins spinners on VAF - several threads. Theres a few of us kinda unhappy with Allan and his product due to fit, and in my case, cause the spinner cut outs will only fit the blended airfoil blade - no other CS prop ie mine. He doesnt state this on his website. Apparently you can order it without cutouts and you do that yourself, tho his cutouts are flanged, yours wouldnt be. I dont know if thats an issue.....The front bulkhead plate is also an issue right now, and his communication is poor to nonexistent. Hes told others he only reads his work email once a week......

Shipping to or from AU is about $80 and theres no problem with that. Alan does pack the box well.

If the spinner fits your CS, it is a nice piece of work, no doubt about that.

Cummings Spinner

Dave,

I have the Cummings spinner on my RV-8, with Blended foil prop. It fit and looks great. I took the time to smooth and polish, looks great.

There are fit instructions on their web page. I followed them.

Good luck.

Back