What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lassen and Shasta

joe_rainbolt

Well Known Member
My latest day trip takes us up to 14,000' and down to (nearly) sea level. Along the way we get close up views of the snow capped peaks of Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta. The flight time on this trip was only 3.5 hours.

http://roughandreadyaerospace.blogspot.com/2017/04/mountain-peaks.html

opM7G-hWUj0IL4Zk8-vItoCGgG1pwpgKMqBqzcC6QZ3hj-AzuTzi1J8awzPnvHPw3sRY7wdt-jFcFqdcP0zh3UciS_rhDDw3_S2yqOP6kCPSnB7Hi2H2cha32acPmz6KKkCzDP-nZvmGwoI10_rP6Z-UuGzQQ--SCCra_Cvt1ABDhNrxwBIPYZfaQ5zCgMBp9zhuWj_bEGcn0LhQtFzS4GGzlblh7IsL7SJpkcZj13p57vi4GFSz7fUwfdp6H4wPcSjx39yT2ZxEK_r-FR4cV1bfhTKIGU8AG1rD9-Dt17qJJbpPXuWEehkzWxlWRFY6MXYh0qK2W4Trybl_lqtiyojESLSrfq9sG6rU-BZ2UC5at6HCtUO3HAjHn7daZo2t7HWAOQA8vt2KsKDLfqODi16dY99BiufkmvFP_lp29_Z3ISq-tmekJ6gcqa22JLHnDpDi46aMAk_yJxowrFXhLHqJa9_8wz-HvAtDlJBPwc-bkp-s8Pg4iLogqBAb_XpcX5VmvA73LZh_XEozoIv37yuvNSymobPrA-j8jZCZfjIojuntR3IkzfNvDKMqjdMQ5DmwjgWk75tZ5PJ8xK4GYQlr6Wy1s4Y1RPfJGTtU77HLRWJbgqO1HA=w965-h686-no

Shelter cove

The north end is better IMO. There's a restaurant and pizza place at the hotel up there. Also a beautiful black sand beach.

-Andy

"I have come to learn about the contrarian nature of the winds. It seems that while in the air, I alone command their direction. That is to say, that there will always be a head wind, irrespective of my direction of travel."

I am still laughing. Truer words never spoken.

Nice Joe. You flew over my ancestral tribal lands- Shasta and Lassen. What pretty mountains. Your trips make me keep plugging away on my 9! Hopefully I will be traveling this summer.

This one was kinda tough for me to read. I used to live in Shasta County between Redding and Anderson; I had spectacular views of Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta and the whole Shasta Bally Range from my back yard. Used to rent a Super Cub out of RDD; I had a guest house with a shop built specifically for building my RV-8... but had to leave the property and move back to Michigan before making that dream a reality. Someday, I WILL fly my RV-8 in that airspace... but until then, I'm only reminded of what should have been... what wasn't... and the place I miss so much.

Love it! Beautiful pictures and nice story! I live just north of you up here in Oregon. I'll be down your way when my 7A is finished (very soon!).

Back