What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Repairing SCAT hose in the tunnel

JackinMichigan

Well Known Member
Last week we had to take the tunnel cover off and found out that the screw attaching the fuel selector post had gouged a big hole in the cabin heat SCAT tube. This particular hose is nearly impossible to replace, so we will have to repair it in place. Any ideas how to do that?

I figured that particular area was going to create problems like you discovered after I had a few hours on it, so this is what I did to get around the selector stem with the scat. I used a 6" long piece of thin-wall 2" diameter aluminum tubing and squeezed it to an oval shape with enough clearance around the stem to prevent rubbing and enough room for the scat and worm clamps. The scat attached at both ends. I fabricated a mount out of aluminum that attached to the tunnel side cover, dimpled for flush screws. A little added weight but I never had to worry about rubbing through the scat and creating a hole in it.

Building I transition from 2" to 1.5" hose at the firewall and the back to 2" at the rear heat Y. This is still more heat then I will ever use and the smaller hose fits much better in the tunnel.

Carl

Back