What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pressure Issue?

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Thought I had this solved.

Occasionally when turning on the Andair boost pump I get 38-39 PSI which triggers an alarm.

Seems to happen mostly when I'm in the pattern running slow. Never happens on takeoff, probably because the engine is running hard drinking more fuel.

It doesn't happen all of the time but before I change the alarm range I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this and if I should be concerned?

Occasionally when turning on the Andair boost pump I get 38-39 PSI which triggers an alarm.

Seems to happen mostly when I'm in the pattern running slow. Never happens on takeoff, probably because the engine is running hard drinking more fuel.

It doesn't happen all of the time but before I change the alarm range I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this and if I should be concerned?

Its not a concern for the fuel injection system, which will work fine with pressures much higher than 40. As for the new pump, I'd suggest a sticking pressure relief valve or similar. Not familiar with the guts of the Andair pump.

What was the pressure when you tested the fuel system restricted to max take off flow?

Back