What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Venture info needed

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Going to Oshkosh for 1st time. Need info from experienced attendees. I'm staying with a friend in his RV at the warbirds campground area. I'm flying in and meeting him there. My question is where should I park my plane? I need to put desired parking spot on paper when landing for ground support. Warbird area, or GA area. BTW, I fly a Mooney. Thanks in advance for insight.

Last edited:
Going to Oshkosh for 1st time. Need info from experienced attendees. I'm staying with a friend in his RV at the warbirds campground area. I'm flying in and meeting him there. My question is where should I park my plane? I need to put desired parking spot on paper when landing for ground support. Warbird area, or GA area. BTW, I fly a Mooney. Thanks in advance for insight.

I don't think they will allow you in the warbird area with a Mooney. You're looking for GAC (probably in the North 40).

Read the NOTAM many times already. (and will do so many more prior to trip)

I can't find anywhere if the Warbird parking area is restricted to Warbirds only, or simply a place to park based on your area of interest. Looking for clarity.

And be sure to introduce yourself at the RV-10 dinner on Sunday.

Wish I could. Want to meet you guys I see on the forum. Not getting in till Wednesday though. Last 1/2 of week only.

Read the NOTAM many times already. (and will do so many more prior to trip)

I can't find anywhere if the Warbird parking area is restricted to Warbirds only, or simply a place to park based on your area of interest. Looking for clarity.

Page 1 of the NOTAM. Warbirds are considered show planes. If you are camping with your Mooney it will be GAC and if just parking it and camping/staying elsewhere it is GAP. Both GAP and GAC fill up quickly when the WX is nice so if arriving after Sunday be ready to divert.

Arrive Wednesday

Yes, plan on the North 40.

It will fill up by Monday. On Tuesday I bet they will not let you land unless you are already have a spot. There is always a large group that leaves Wednesday morning and afternoon. You should have no problem Wednesday. It always seems like that the aviators are there Sun - Wed and the Nascar fans show up on Thursday - Sun. Since I am both an aviator and Nascar fan I have to stay the whole week.

It will fill up by Monday. On Tuesday I bet they will not let you land unless you are already have a spot. There is always a large group that leaves Wednesday morning and afternoon. You should have no problem Wednesday.

Thanks for advice! Good to know in advance.

Back