What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Work Day this Saturday January 7th

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
Dan Horton, his buddy, and I are planning a work day on Saturday with Jay Pratt at RV Central (Hicks Airport, Fort Worth). Hope others will join us. We are down to the push, hoping to finish the plane in the next month. We'll plan to meet at 8 am. I'm coming up from College Station (flying or driving, depending on weather) and can provide a ride to someone that wants to help out. (Paul is working this weekend and won't be able to join us.)

Let's get a good crew out for this final couple of sessions!

They're going to have new wheels, tires, and brakes to install - which means that the wheel pant party can start as well! I think Louise wants to get the belly pan done, and I hear that Danny is still making progress on the FWF. The are lots of details that need attention, so folks - let's get on it. I am hoping to be up there Friday the 13th (next week), and we can keep pushing then. And as always, if you show up just about any day, Jay will point you in the direction of the project.

Paul

Without enough Texans to ride herd the Alabama boys might mount the wheelpants bass ackwards.

Ya'll better come over to Jay's and keep us straight ;)

Dan, Katie, their friends, me, and ??????

Katie B has confirmed as well as Dan Horton and both are bringing others. We can find work for several more folks.

They are currently calling for low IFR conditions in College Station in the morning so I'm not sure if I'll be there first thing, but I'll be there. Might have to drive up.

Still have at least one seat for anyone wanting to go from CS for the day.

Trying hard...

Took off in the RV-8 heading for TX and the amps went to 70, fluctuating. Troubleshooting now. :( Still trying to make it, though!

Mission scrubbed.

Battery is toast and we can't find another one in all of Middle Tennessee...

Any chance of an RV-1 work day next week? :(

We're going to have at least a few folks there next Friday the 13th (hey, we've got an airplane whose N-number has "13" in it....no big deal!)

I've got an almost new Odessey

My hanger is just down from Jay's at Hicks. I have an extra Odessey 680 available if you can make it in. I also have a Concorde battery that came out of my 8 a couple years ago that was still working fine.

Let me know if either will help.

My hanger is just down from Jay's at Hicks. I have an extra Odessey 680 available if you can make it in. I also have a Concorde battery that came out of my 8 a couple years ago that was still working fine.

Let me know if either will help.

Hicks field is a serious aviators dream come true. What a great community. :D

Fog in the Brazos Valley this morning

Supposed to lift in a couple of hours. I'll probably be late but I still plan to be there today.

Quick report....lot of folks (20+?) by mid-morning, progress on all fronts. Much fun had by all. And the burgers at the Hicks airport resturant are every bit as good as advertised.

As of 8PM tonight the wheelpants are on. A few nutplates in the AM and it's a wrap.

Thanks for the report Dan - and congrats on the wheelpants! Thanks to everyoine that participated - can't wait to see pictures.

I hope to be there next week....

Paul

Thanks for the battery offer, Bubblehead! The battery was old & weak, but turned out not to be the primary problem. After some serious troubleshooting, Ben ended up fixing some pins in the back of his VM1000 systems monitor. Darn flakey certified junk! :p Oh well. Hoping for good wx to fly down the end of this week. I feel a need to hurry up, y'all will be done soon! :eek:

RV1

Progress,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!

Wheel pants done Thanks, Dan & Stan
Engine Baffels done Thanks, Danny & Charlie
Belly Skin mostly done Thanks, Stan 'Grumpy' & Tate 'T8'

Needs,,,,

Install Fuel pump and TS Flightlines Hoses. Thanks Tom Swearengen
Prop & spinner, Cato when we get it
Paint,, GLO

The RV1 needs a compass who has an extra?

Seats
Floor boards
The electrics are being covered by Walt.

The RV1 is coming along, but there is more to do. See you Friday, 13th

Last edited:
Back