What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 on Beach

seattleworm

Well Known Member
Sponsor
RV7 on the Beach

Landed on and took off from WA beach. RV can do it!

2e16tkh.jpg

e8k74l.png

2s9u5u8.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest you put the drain plug in tight and fill with fresh water....shake for 5 mins then drain, repeat process until sodium residue is less than .002 ppm

Ahh. I see. Thanx Mel, but I thought a RV will only float if the approach speed was to high.

Port.

And always check your port running light. You don't want to get hit by a stray Sea Gull on that side when the sun is low on the horizon.
Yours. R.E.A. III #80888

Nice! So.......how did you get back in without tracking all that wet sand into the plane? :rolleyes:

Bret,

Haven't checked this post for a while. The only drawback of landing on the beach is the cleaning part. Not so much about the salty sand, it's an easy hose over. But getting the sand out of the cockpit is a major task. Make sure I will bring another pair of shoes next time.

Sensational photos. I'm not sure if we have the big wide sandy beaches here in Victoria - that have not be ripped up by fisherman in 4 x 4's. There are a few suitable beaches in South Australia. :D

Back