What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Add Your Fall Foliage Photos

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Colors are just beginning in Down East Maine this past weekend Oct 9th

img_0231.jpg

img_0232.jpg

Belfast, ME

img_0233.jpg

The Penobscot Narrows Bridge - Bucksport, Me

img_0234.jpg

Next weekend should be vivid :D

David,,,Nice photos of my favorite place,,,Belfast ME. And it even includes a shot of my my favorite store,,, Ocean State Job Lot's!

David,,,Nice photos of my favorite place,,,Belfast ME. And it even includes a shot of my my favorite store,,, Ocean State Job Lot's!
We have enjoyed it up here, contact me when you make it back to ME or better yet plan to visiting for our flyin next year Saturday Sept 17th

Deerfield Valley Airport, Vermont (4V8)

Flew up to Southern Vermont this weekend and were lucky to hit it at peak foliage! Wow.

t8uv14.jpg

nbal8w.jpg

Just starting to change in Southwest Pennsylvania

Took these earlier today. Leaves are just starting to change.

Photos from a couple of years ago, but this is Henry's Bend, PA, on the Allegheny River. My little slice of heaven on earth...

DSC_4610.JPG

Went up to Brainerd MN in search of foliage last weekend. It was OK. but I'm from new England, the land of reds and maples. Minnesota? Lots of gold from birch and ashes.

It's nice, but it ain't "home."

1613856_10153708918924216_4702054866045594652_n.jpg

Lake Platte

It has been very warm in New Mexico and the color change is just barely starting. This is Sierra Blanca at just under 12,000 feet MSL.

DSC07564.jpg

Close to peak colors

Colors are now at their best here in western PA. Clarion, the river and town.

Winter on our doorstep

Colors are past their peak in the Adirondacks

Vermont

and most of New Hampshire.

Oregon

There must be better examples, but snapped this while doing some slow flight today.

1zyk1mt.jpg

1496o21.jpg

Last edited:
1-week later

May not have hit peak color yet but this may be the best photo I can get this year. Am afraid that Wx will get bad and the leaves will be on the ground before I can get more photos.

Right after take off from Runway 23, I took this photo before heading east for the rest that follows.

All photos in the message taken with an iPhone 5S.

Haloween Planes.jpg

Agent Orange and I at Jaffrey, NH. Perhaps the October 2016 Calendar Photo???

Foliage 10_2015.jpg

This is the town of Rangeley, Maine where I have my second home. The foliage this year was exceptional!

:) CJ

Door County Wisconsin

Ron Moring and I flew up to Door County, WI this past Sunday. Picked up some smoked fish, local jam, had a great lunch and chased each other around the peninsula for a while. Great time.

The colors were a bit past peak, but I was surprised there were leaves left at all. Apparently the surrounding water keeps the area warmer at night than the mainland, and that delays the color. Twas a beautiful day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhvQNpHFCf8

rh600h.jpg

Michigan late October

Made a breakfast run to Harrison Michigan from Sparta Michigan. Not much color left but a beautiful flight anyway.

IMG_6805.JPG

IMG_6810.JPG

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6819.JPG

IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_6823.JPG

I proposed to my now wife at Cave Point in Door County after faking an inflight "issue" and being "forced" to land at the local airport. Beautiful place, stayed in a one room cottage on the canal and had a blast. Looking forward to flying the RV there one day!

New England Flight

Took this yesterday heading West out of Rhode Island. Photo taken in the vicinity of where Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island meet.

When I stopped for $3.95 USD/Gallon AvGas in NY, I liked the way this looked so grabbed a quick iPhone image.

Last edited:
North Carolina

This is what I saw today NorthWest of Charlotte NC.

The landing and refuel at KSPA makes South Carolina the 45th state that my RV and I have landed in.

Back