What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Christen wobble pump ??

autoglide

Well Known Member
My -4 (150 hp carbureted) was originally built with only a Christen wobble pump with a L/R/off selector as part of the fuel system with a mechanical engine driven pump.....no Facet,or other brand electrical aux fuel pump.
I believe...for safety, I should add an elec pump. The wobble pump and panel mounted primer work well for starting the engine.
Which brand of pump should I buy/install ?
I?d appreciate someone sending me an exploded view diagram of how it?s put together. I would like to keep the wobble pump/fuel selector as a part of the system, but feel that I need an elec boost pump in the mix for t o/landing etc.
All comments/posts to this thread are appreciated. Thx, MB

The Facet just goes in series in the fuel line:

Tank>selector>Facet>engine driven pump>carb

If you're adding the Facet, the only reason to keep the wobble pump is if you want belt, suspenders, and a 2nd pair of suspenders. :) If you do want that, then just insert the Facet in the line somewhere on the cold side of the firewall, after the selector.

Wobble pump ?

The primary reason I?d like to keep the wobble is that the fuel selector (L/R/Off) is integral/part of the pump....works good, and I?ll not have to buy a selector valve. I only have to add the Facet plus connectors.....unless for weight savings at 3#, I should remove the wobble. As you stated.....don?t need suspenders when wearing a belt.

Wobble Pump

The Pitts S1S was certified with the old Bonanza style wobble pump. No need for an electric pump. In the rare event that the engine driven pump fails the wobble pump will keep the engine running for as long as you want to keep wobbling. I consider the wobble pump far superior to the Facet pumps.

Back