What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Completed RV-4 tanks

Freemasm

Well Known Member
I have completed tanks for an RV-4. Excellent build quality. Since I'm converting the wing for a different project, are these tanks worth anything? They've already been drilled for the tank flange and spar cap so I'm guessing that would probably kill any application to another project without some hole matching skills. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Would be worth something to someone who had not yet drilled inboard main skins to main spar webs.

Someone working on an old kit or not yet ordered wing kit from Vans.

Finn

I have completed tanks for an RV-4. Excellent build quality. Since I'm converting the wing for a different project, are these tanks worth anything? They've already been drilled for the tank flange and spar cap so I'm guessing that would probably kill any application to another project without some hole matching skills. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Yes
Would liked to have snapped these up, but I would guess the shipping costs to get them across the pond will be prohibitive...

Yes
Would liked to have snapped these up, but I would guess the shipping costs to get them across the pond will be prohibitive...

Yes. That would seemingly make it undo-able. I hate trashing or cannibalizing something of value but as usual, economics rule.

It would be a shame to trash them. Hey Finn, you're not that far away. You feel like storing them until someone could pick them up?
:)

Charlie
Slobovia Outernational

I think I know what Scott is working on...... :D

I also have a set of completed RV-4 tanks, here in Indiana. Talk to Scott first, and when his are gone, give me a shout next.

Hi Charlie,

No, I wouldn't mind storing them.
Are you the "someone" who's going to pick them up? :)

Finn

It would be a shame to trash them. Hey Finn, you're not that far away. You feel like storing them until someone could pick them up?
:)

Charlie
Slobovia Outernational

Thanks, but..,

@Vince. Thanks for the consideration. if you can move your tanks, please do. Don?t wait on me. I owe you plenty of favors

Back