What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trailers for RV12

bobg56

Well Known Member
I have a question regarding trailers, since I have to keep my RV12 out on the ramp (hanger waiting list), I'll need to get it home to my garage so I can do the newest SB for NLG., fortunately I'm only 5 miles from airport. I have removed wheel pants and measured 82.5" outside to outside of main tires...all of the 7' wide trailers I've seen are only 81.5" wide. I have a welder and have thought about getting a Harbor Freight trailer and modifying it and putting 10" or 12" tires on it, this is the way it looks like I'm heading...I'd like to know if any of you have come up with a trailering solution. If they actually made the trailers 7' wide (84") it wouldn't be much of a problem except for making a wing rack....Thanks, Bob

Trailer

I rented a trailer from Cat rental it was 81 inchs wide. worked great.

opH.jpg

Those are the kind of trailers I was looking at, I'm thinking that with wings off the load is reduced on main gear so that 81" of width is good...I put a board against the outboard edge of my main wheels and measured 82.5"...thanks for the picture.

Back