What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Panel and Van's tunnel covers

bomber_JB

To anyone using the Aerosport RV-10 symmetrical panel with lower console.
I'm going to use the above panel with three knobs (not the quadrant).

The question is: Do I also use the F-1051A (Fuselage Tunnel Cover) and F-1051C (Aft fuselage tunnel cover) or do I retrun them to Van's. The F-1051A is the tunnel cover where the fuel selector is normally mounted. I can't envision how the Aerosport products (panel with lower console) interfaces with the Van"s kit parts. I don't have the Aerosport panel yet and it's nearing the time to install F-1051A & C. What to do?

I'd like to correspond with anyone who's gone before me that can help me understand Aerosport and Van's parts go together. Pictures would really help and we can discuss off line.

Thanks

Jerry

Tunnel covers

Yes, you still use the vans supplied tunnel covers. The aerosport products will sit on top of them. The vans tunnel covers are a structural support for the tunnel.

tunnel

You can check my build log at mykitlog.com if you want.

Search for Sunman Indiana to find me. I have the Aerosport symmetrical panel and lower console. I am using a quadrant but the pieces fit together the same way for the standard controls...

Back