What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 (Possibly -8) Rear Canopy Seal?

Jvon811

Well Known Member
How are you guys sealing up the rear portions of the canopy? I have a finished/flying -4 with probably 15/20 year old weather stripping that's probably crushed and worn beyond it's service life. And the Wife was complaining of a cold draft at 5,500ft on the way home from Oshkosh this year so I need to make her happy if we continue to travel together.....:)

I've seen posts about using bicycle tire tubes and getting real fancy but I'd like to keep it simpler. Any amazing products out there that everyone seems to agree on?

Thanks

RV-3 Canopy seal

I used 3/4" wide self adhesive felt strip in various thickness around the entire perimeter. Ordered the medium weight stuff from Zoro Tools. Seals well, the canopy slides just as easy as before, and it doesn't really show.

Lot's warmer in the Summer though....

I used the foam that you get from Home Depot that they use to seal window air conditioning units. It?s a square cross section, maybe 1.5? square, so you need to attach it a couple inches from the bottom edge of the skirt. But, it squishes down nicely to form a pretty good seal.

Back