What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trying to wrap my head around this .. p45-05 fig 1

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
On page 45-05, fig 1, the exploded view shows an inside corner line that calls for an angle that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm looking for some clarity, as this cut would seem to result in a triangle opening in the cowl and omitting it will have both cowls mate evenly.

Confused.

Edit: I found this pic (not mine, it's on E's site). This is correct? Is there an obvious reason for the triangle cut-out I'm missing? Stress relief perhaps?

IMG_8395a.jpg

Last edited:
Think of the spinner being in place.
To get the lower cowl off it has to be lowered below the spinner.
The trimmed off areas are the last interference that would exist between the spinner and cowl... if they weren't removed.

Looks like you jumped the gun on posting "All kits done":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Think of the spinner being in place.
To get the lower cowl off it has to be lowered below the spinner.
The trimmed off areas are the last interference that would exist between the spinner and cowl... if they weren't removed.

Looks like you jumped the gun on posting "All kits done":rolleyes:

I would have thought the outside portion will be touching the spinner back plate or spinner but not the inside. I am not there yet with my build, way to go, but I am also having difficulty visioning this.

Looks like you jumped the gun on posting "All kits done"

"All kits done" .. ish :p

Seriously, this is the last thing to do, there are no other tasks I can knock out in my garage, it's off to the hangar. I've been cleaning up all my loose ends over the last month and hunting for anything I can do here.

Once at the hangar, just fit the wings and rig it! [lol .. silly first time builder .. did you forget to add 3 days to every task you thought would take 3 hours]

Last edited:
Back