What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

spring loaded oil door

findane

There was a company called Justrvparts use to sell a spring loaded oil door. Anybody know where they are and if they're still making the door?

Spring loaded oil door

I used the spring from as mouse trap on my oil door.

Works fine.

Warren
RV-7 N671CW
Plymouth, MN

Thanks forthe replies. I googled a variety of combinations of "oil door" and "spring" but it's not what I was looking for. I saw an oil door that was spring loaded where you pushed down to open and the oil door would spring back closed. It was a compete assembly. Sold by a company called Justrvparts. I can't find any information on the company

What Bavafa and Andy have linked to is what you are asking for. The waybackmachine has the web site but no pictures. The description is the hidden hinge that Cleaveland tools now carries.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's looking for a door that opens inward, not out, and the spring shuts the door. I've seen them, but would say that you need to be sure the door will clear the fill tube and any other structure before committing to a design like that.

Back