What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

inspections

JwWright57

Well Known Member
Hi all - from what i've read the only mandatory inspection of the aircraft is when it's completed, is this correct? Where can I find data about the inspections?

Should I get inspections as I go along? On what? From whom?

Thx again for all the input

There are no required inspections when building (in the USA), just the airworthiness inspection when it's done. When I was building, I invited my EAA chapter Tech Counselor over to check it out from time to time. His advice and feedback were very helpful.

I?ve had good and not so good tech counselor experiences. I?d recommend getting some local builders of flying RV-12s look at your work too. They can give you time saving tips for some of the processes.

Jeff, use a tech counselor that understands the aircraft and/or the technique. If you have particular questions and have a good network connection I find that Facetime will work really well. :)

Vic

Thx Vic. The plans are great and I also bought the homebuilder help videos. So I feel pretty good about what i've done already (about 2/3rds finished with the stabilitor)

If I find something that i'd really like a second opinion on i'll reach out. There is one completed and another almost done in my EAA chapter so I should have it covered.

Back