What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator travel

Ron B.

Well Known Member
The F-01450 stick stops prevent my elevator from traveling to specs. The elevator horn needs to travel about 3/16" more in both directions. I assume I need to sand/file the F-01450 in order to get this travel back? Are these stops the only stops for the elevator? Hope not, hopefully the horn will be hitting stops also.

Elevator

Ron,
There is one more set of stops at the aft end of the fuselage. Did you measure the travel while building the tail kit? There is a revision ( maybe Section 36?). That revision goes over filing the stops for the required travel.

Maybe that is why I had filed the stops back there to get the proper travel and did not see instructions in my manual. I'll have to look for the sheets to that revision.
Thanks Ron

Found the revision, I think I have a little filing to do on the stick stops. I did meet the stick travel angles as is but not the elevator travel ,but the revision has increased those angle so that helps.
Thanks again, short memory.

Back