What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Passing of RV6 pioneer

funflying

Well Known Member
I want to let the RV community know about the passing of an early RV6 builder/pilot in the Colorado, Mas Yosida, N93MY.
Mas passed away quietly today after a lengthy illness and was known as one of the RV pioneers in the Denver area starting in the early 1990?s. Mas has a long history as an aviation enthusiast having owned a Luscome, C152, Mooney, Bonanza, but couldn?t say enough good things about flying his RV6 since 1994.

No plans yet for services but I can post the information here once I receive additional information. Our thoughts and prayers are with Mas?s family.

Our deepest sympathies to his entire family.

My wife Donna and I worked with Mas at AT&T Bell Labs through the 80s, and I vividly remember when he retired and started building N93MY. Always a great spokesman about the virtues of the RV-6 he built and loved, especially when comparing it to the spam cans that he had owned in the past. My first flight in an RV was in N93MY shortly after he had finished his phase 1. Not sure how many RV-6 models were flying when Mas got his flying, but at BJC he was one of the first to do. His Mechanical Engineering skills served him well while building that beautiful plane.

R.I.P my friend,

Dave Allen

Back