What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mixing oils

Jake14

Well Known Member
got some different oils around the shop and don't want to waste them. I heard it's ok to mix. can I randomly put the oils in the pic into my IO-390?

afhcw9.jpg

Here is one idea, to use/use up ?different oils? .
Before you go to do your standard oil change , add a bit of the ?different oils ? to the crank. , so the new,added oil's ,clean/new detergent's , can help clean up your engine,,,,,,,,,,,, which the main idea of changing your oil.
?
good day rick

?different oils? (added bits)

Here is one idea, to use/use up ?different oils? .
Before you go to do your standard oil change , add a bit of the ?different oils ? to the crank. , so the new/added oil's ,clean/new detergent's , can help clean up your engine, which the main idea of changing your oil............
(added bits)..= ...it goes with out saying, add bit of ?different oils? ,then warm up engine ?go fly? ,then drain/ change oil.........

?
good day rick

go for it, i am definitely a mix ologist. i have put worst stuff in my lyc.

The same here Turbo. Once in a remote country I was running low on oil (3 qts) a case was waiting for me 10 flight hours away. I found a quart for $20 and pushed several hours to a destination where I was able to source some auto oil. :D

Back