What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bushing for elevator horn drilling

azonic75

Well Known Member
A once used McMaster-Carr bushing for drilling elevator horns is available to anyone who is ready for this step and is willing to pass it on once they are done with it. Send a PM with address

Kai

A small piece of quarter-inch aluminum line will work just fine as a bushing. Just use whatever drill bit fits inside. No need to special order a part for it.

Ready to pass it on

A once used McMaster-Carr bushing for drilling elevator horns is available to anyone who is ready for this step and is willing to pass it on once they are done with it. Send a PM with address.

This is what I did!

I worried about this for ages as if it's drilled incorrectly then it's possibly a lot of time, and trouble and expense to sort out.

So..... I drilled a 3/32 hole through the centre of the bolt then, I simply placed a 12" drill bit through and got the precision I wanted.

For the other side I just switched the bolt around, drilled the hole then drilled out to final size. Just one sacrificial bolt was all it took to accomplish!

David

DSCN0527-thumb-320x240.jpg

Last edited:
Back