What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Happy 4th of July!

Rosie

Well Known Member
Happy 4th of July to our RV family of friends! Tuppergal and I are in Colorado this weekend celebrating the 234th birthday of this great US of A with friends Gary & Carolyn Zilik and Scott & Deb Mills :)

Today also marks the 10th year anniversary of my first flight in our RV-6A which should see 3200 hours on the return flight home on Monday. Looking back on 10 years of flying our plane, we've made new friends measured in the HUNDREDS; All because we built an RV :D

We're heading out now to go river rafting on the Arkansas River (Buena Vista), and tomorrow were flying to Telluride (KTEX), landing at 0900 (if you are nearby and would like to join us). Mercedes (Cougar) and Sean (Goose) are in Grand Junction with friends and will be meeting us there.

We wish safe flights to all of you flying this holiday weekend, and if you are building: Keep poundin' them rivets because it's ALL worth it! Rosie & Tuppergal

Back at 'cha buddy! Happy 4th and have a great, safe flight home. Hope you've had a great time.

Proud to be counted on both lists (friends and flight hours),

Happy 4th. We watched fireworks off the back porch with a house full of RV building friends last night. I'm planning on spending the rest of today in the shop shooting rivets :). Good times.

Happy Fourth!

I am at work this night. Will watch the Macy's Fireworks on the Hudson from the rooftop of a highrise I am working at (if I manage to get a break:D)

WOW

10 years sure went by fast. Congrats Rosie and Victoria! 300+ hours
a year.....wow. You have to be one of the highest time RV pilots.
Wishing all the best for the next ten!

Worn out!

Keeping up with Rosie is hard work. What a great weekend that was capped with a breakfast flight to Telluride Colorado this morning. I'm hoping Rosie attaches some pictures to this thread.

Have a fun trip and a safe flight Rosie!

Rosie I'm still pounding and know it will be worth it.
Your travel stories have motivated me more than you'll ever know.
Hope you two had a happy 4th and have a a safe flight home.:D

July 4, 2002 was the day my instructor let me solo. On July 4, 2010 I added .5 hrs to my RV9 which I now have 488hrs flying.

What a wonderful country we have that an ordinary bloke like me can build and fly his own airplane. Unbelievable!!:)

happty 4 th to paul and all.

spending the 4th at the beach with family renting a cottage at cresennt beach. we are all stuffed after consuming 14 lbs of lobbster. a toast from kim.

phototpg.jpg

this 8 x 10 plaque is from last years 9 lb bug. it is a crusher!!!!!!!!!!

img0914ys.jpg

great fireworks/ great country

americanflag2a.jpg

July 4, 2002 was the day my instructor let me solo. On July 4, 2010 I added .5 hrs to my RV9 which I now have 488hrs flying.

What a wonderful country we have that an ordinary bloke like me can build and fly his own airplane. Unbelievable!!:)

On July 4, 1979 was when I decided to take flying lessons instead of purchasing a ski boat. Six months later I had my ticket.

It took another twenty years to discover EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT and Van's Aircraft. I consider myself really lucky to have decided on a RV product. I was leaning towards glass..........:eek:.... But my AFSC was airframe repair. So aluminum was something that I understood and if I had to, I could reproduce any airframe part if the company went TU.

Thank You Van's for an incredible product. You may never know how many lives you have changed by doing what you do best.

BTW.......... The last aircraft that I will build will be an RV3 EAB-LSA........;)

Happy 4th, Rosie and all!

Rosie, just drove by your neck o' the woods on the trip from the In-Laws' place in Santa Clarita up to Reno. We all waved as we went by (knew you were in CO, or would have called and come by to say hi!) Glad you all had fun in TEX (nice drop off the side of the runway, eh!)

Cheers one and all!
Bob

Here's one picture that sums up the weekend :D I'll post more pics later tonight! Rosie

Rafting01.jpg

Scott & Deb's Pics from the Weekend

dsc00991te.jpg

The Bakers arrive from Goodland, KS for Hangar Movie Night

dsc01111rt.jpg

The Rosaleses arrive from SoCal for the weekend

dsc01352ug.jpg

Post-movie chitchat

dsc01392.jpg

Pre-flight for breakfast sortie to Fort Morgan, CO

dsc01502v.jpg

Rosie and Tuppergal lookin' good in flight to Fort Morgan

r110a2.jpg

Ready to launch on our white water rafting trip down the Arkansas

dsc02442u.jpg

En route to Telluride: Blue Mesa Reservoir

dsc02592r.jpg

En route to Telluride: Black Canyon of the Gunnison

dsc03462z.jpg

339A landing runway 9 at KTEX

dsc03772y.jpg

RV lineup on the ramp prior to departure from Telluride Regional Airport

These pics give but a small taste of the freedom and excitement that can be experienced when you combine the plane you built in your garage, friends you've made along the way, and a holiday weekend. KPR!

Back