What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's RV12 Tow Bar

bob1393

I was dumb enough to forget my towbar at an airport I flew to and it has not been found. If anybody has one of the towbars that Vans sells for the RV12 and would like to sell it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Or, my E-Mail is jpobob@gmailcom

Thanks Bob

In a pinch you can push the tail down just forward of the vertical stab and move the plane backward with good directional control.

Doug, the maintenance manual says to use that method to place the forward sawhorse when propping up the plane for landing gear, so it is nothing not already blessed by the mother ship.

I actually grab the fairing in front of the vertical stab for directional control and push down around the same area. It was a lesson I learned as a student pushing a C-150 around. I use to use it to move my Yak-52 around when I got the castoring nose wheel cocked in close quarters. Nothing ruins your Warbird pilot cool more than going in circles between hangar rows! Fortunately I learned the lesson without an audience!

It appears no one has one they want to sell. I guess I will have to order a new one from Van's. I'll wait a couple of more days to see if someone wants to part with theirs.

Bob

Bob,

If you have a weld torch and some chromally tubing you can make one. Sometimes I think a simple L would be more useful than the tow bar-rudder lock thing, but you would need some sort of lateral lock.

Rich

Back