What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pneumatic squeezer pedal question

The one I have is from Cleaveland Tools.

Essentially one line hooks up to your normal air source, the other to your squeezer. Then you take a rubberband to hold the trigger on your squeezer closed.

It works really slick for pieces that you can rivet while sitting down (the first part of assemblies and such). I've also clamped the squeezer down to the table, facing "up" so I could have both hands on the piece. This is great for dimpling structure (ribs and other parts it's tough to get the DRDT2 into) as usually I can hold the piece with both hands and move it around.

But once the piece gets large enough you end up being on your feet moving around.

Make sure that you can feather this pedal like you would the trigger. If this amazon one (a bit inexpensive compared to the cleaveland one) doesn't let you feather you'll get into trouble.

numatx-tools.com/numatx-pa-cvs-5272-fp-numatx-parts.html

The part you are looking for is CVS-5272-FP
The cheapest source is Automation Direct (29$)

Last edited:
I built my own. I used an electric foot switch and solenoid, and built a cradle for the squeezer to lay in.

pneumatic squeezer pedal

Went with an Ingersoll Rand model E252FS pedal on a tandem Sioux squeezer and have been very happy with it. I'm sure the model from Cleaveland tool would work fine also. Spend some money and get one that feathers nice and you'll enjoy using it!

Can you feather it and go slow without it slamming closed?

Yes, however the pedal throw is very short so it takes a very, very light touch. Admittedly, usually when I need to feather the squeezer I'll switch to the hand control.

Back