What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 rear cabin heat diverter manifold

Arvey Fleur

The RV8 cabin can be too hot in the front and too cold in the back.

I made this low profile manifold that will fit behind the brake pedals at full extension. 1 1/4 scat tube sends the air back to vents beside the front seat to blow directly on the back seaters feet! It works great. I also warm my hands with it.

The manifold has a bare-toe-operated door, I usually keep it closed, could prolly eliminate it. The heater valve is still there on the engine side, but I did have to trim down the short valve outlet pipe flush with the firewall.

Cheers!

http://dan.bobbob.net/heater.dxf

heater1.jpg

heater2.jpg

heater3.jpg

heater4.jpg

heater5.jpg

heater.dxf

Last edited:
WOW;
I surrendered to providing blanket, electric jacket liner, leather flight helmet, ski gloves, scarf, snowmobile suit....;)

Look at picture #1

It may just be the picture but it does appear there is air in the clear brake line. George:confused:

Needs more heat

Yes! Heated seats are awesome!! I also have electric heated seats front and rear. And 2 heat muffs plumbed in series. Now I have LOTS of heat!!

But before that I had only one heat muff dumping air thru the firewall at my toes. One spring trip I took off from a warm Idaho Falls on a 4 hour flight over the Sierra into the setting sun. At altitude, I lost the warm air and the solar heating, and it became REALLY COLD. Combined with the thin air at high altitude it was just miserable. I think if I would have had a rear passenger on that flight they would have become a human popsicle.

I do carry warm clothes in the plane for emergencies, but I don't want to wear them all or be fussing with adding/removing layers in flight. The heating flexibility is nice to have! :D

Cheers!

Back