What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel line to servo IO-360

SgtZim

Well Known Member
I just mounted the throttle and mixture cables and brackets and I'm scratching my head on how to best mount the fuel line from the pump to the servo. That mixture bracket is right where I was going to have brackets for the fuel line, and there is not a lot of room between the bellcrank and the sump for the line to drop down and turn to the servo.

I'd be concerned about the fuel line chafing on the sump even though the sump edge is nice and round and there is the firesleeve. At the back end, there is very little room between mixture bracket, engine, and engine mount.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have a 7 with the same engine and the fuel line misses the mixture bracket but it either hits the intake tubes or the engine mount. I can't seem to adjust the Adel clamps to where it misses both. I sent photos to Van's and they said to keep it off the engine mount and RTV it to the intake tube. I will probably play with it some more using additional clamps. I can send some photos of what I have so far if you would like; not too good posting here.

I think it will work out ok - Now that I have the mixture completely hooked up, I see that the bellcrank doesn't need to swing all the way back and come close to the fuel line. I will need to probably fasten a hose clamp onto the mixture bracket to keep the hose from chafing on the bracket or the engine mount. Kinda wish Van's had not cut three large lightening holes in the bracket. I'll post photos when I get this done.

Back