What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hiking in PA

Tim-NJ

Hi All -

A year ago I had read about an airport in PA that was very close to some hiking trails (and I think a place to camp). I failed to bookmark it and am hoping someone knows about it and can steer me in the right direction.

Thx!

Tim

69N Slatington is my favorite hiking spot. The road is scenic and it intersects Appalachian Trail. Blairstown 1N7 is on a trail too bike or hike.

69N Slatington is my favorite hiking spot. The road is scenic and it intersects Appalachian Trail. Blairstown 1N7 is on a trail too bike or hike.

I'm a regular at 1N7, except for my homebase Blairstown has the most entries in my logbook. I didn't know there were trails in the area. I'll definitely take a closer look at that and 69N.

Thanks for the reply.

I drop into 69N once a year to visit my college roommate. Neat airport with the Lehigh water gap immediately north. There is a real gentle hike called "bake oven" about 7 miles west of the airport but you'll need a ride to get there. If you want something more serious, you should consider Tioga/Lycoming county area around the grand canyon of PA. Not sure if there are airports near by but its beautifully scenic out there, especially in the fall.

I drop into 69N once a year to visit my college roommate. Neat airport with the Lehigh water gap immediately north. There is a real gentle hike called "bake oven" about 7 miles west of the airport but you'll need a ride to get there. If you want something more serious, you should consider Tioga/Lycoming county area around the grand canyon of PA. Not sure if there are airports near by but its beautifully scenic out there, especially in the fall.

Wellsboro N38 is close to many hiking options in the Grand Caynon of PA.

VVS is close to Ohiopyle St Park and Falling Water and Nemacolin resort. There is a car available for use. Give Bud a call and reserve it.

Back