What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GSU25

SHF

Hi All,

From the G3X installation manual;

"Although mounting the GSU 25 to the threaded holes on the back of the GDU 4XX display is not generally recommended due to instrument panel flexing ..."

I would like to know if anybody has mounted the GSU 25 to the GDU 460 on a standard RV8 instument panel and has experienced "panel flexing"? Or the rigidity of a standard panel for that matter. If it is susceptible to any flexing in the finished configuration.

I was curious if the RV8 panel is less prone to flexing because of the narrower fuselage.

Thanks in advance,

Roger.

Nope

We Have one on the back of the GDU-460 and it does very well. Good place to put it. We do have a lower edge panel shelf that makes the panel a lot stiffer.
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

I'm not sure what stage your up to Roger but I mounted mine here
received_1310339509011609_zpso9gajudc.jpeg

Very rigid and an easy install with some 3/4 angle.

Regards
Nathan

Thank you for the advice.

I see Steve's point about the pitot connection and I like Nathan's location so that sorts it for me. It will not go on the GDU.

I tell a lie Roger! I've been away over the Easter period and had no access to check but the angle is actually 1"x 1.25". Here's another photo behind my panel so far.:D
20170418_184634_zpsndlxmfbz.jpg

Regards
Nathan

Back