What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Coss Aviation flush mount door handles for rv10....help

William

Well Known Member
RV10 flush mounted door handles by Coss Aviation ....help

Hello all I recently bought a partially completed rv10 project and it included a set of coss aviation flush mounted door handles already partially installed but no instructions. Anyone have a set of instructions they could email me?

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
Upon further research the Coss Aviation door handle look very similar to the iflyrv10 flush mounted handles. Does anyone know if these companies are tied together? Meaning could I use the instructions for the iflyrv10 handles as I?m not receiving any response from Coss Aviation thus far.

Thanks
Bill

Cos and IFLYRV10 are not related, I think that Steve (IFLYRV10) just copied the basic design.

I have Steve?s version on my plane. It?s not too late to pick up a set of door handles from Geoff. They look great, are functional and are using Van?s original door mechanism, also compatible with the Planearound latch.
These are flush and look great but lots of work to make them work right and then you still don?t have inside door handles, or a way to positively keep them in the locked position.
I machined longer arms so I get a proper extension of the pins, machined interior door handles, made a locking pin and a bunch of other stuff to make these functional. Would not do it again.

I have Steve?s version on my plane. It?s not too late to pick up a set of door handles from Geoff. They look great, are functional and are using Van?s original door mechanism, also compatible with the Planearound latch.
These are flush and look great but lots of work to make them work right and then you still don?t have inside door handles, or a way to positively keep them in the locked position.
I machined longer arms so I get a proper extension of the pins, machined interior door handles, made a locking pin and a bunch of other stuff to make these functional. Would not do it again.

Thanks Lenny for the reply. I would go with the ones from Geoff if these door weren?t already cut and fitted for the ones from Coss Aviation. Would be very interested in seeing how you made these work if possible? My email is [email protected] if you prefer to email them.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
Bill,

Sent you a couple of emails. I found the installation instructions from Steve, (iflyrv10) and a few pictures of the installed mechanism.

Back