What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming 160hp O-320-D2J

Try REM37BY to eliminate most fouling! That would be you best bet.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

I've been running the 37BY plugs for about 16 years. They definitely help.

AutoLite

Try REM37BY to eliminate most fouling! That would be you best bet.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Autolite UREM37BY...Will this plug work?

37BY

Mahlon or Mel:

Don't have my catalog here so here's a question. Does either manufacturer make a RHM37BY (URHM37BY) Plug and is it suitable for the higher compression IO-360-A3B6D??????????

37BYs

Just installed new set of Autolite 37BYs here also. Same as Champion's version, but 75% cheaper.

Champion and Autolite both have application/spec charts by engine, so would go by that. Compression indeed might matter, especially re plug gap.

Just installed new set of Autolite 37BYs here also. Same as Champion's version, but 75% cheaper.

Champion and Autolite both have application/spec charts by engine, so would go by that. Compression indeed might matter, especially re plug gap.

Actually the Autolite plugs are slightly shorter making them easier to install on top.
As far as compression, I am running 9.5:1 with no problem.

Back