What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

elt location

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
hi all,
all that's needed to finish my wiring is mounting the elt. i have made my own fuel tank so i am interested in alternate places to mount it. 27 gallons doesn't leave room. any info on alternate places would be appreciated.

Bob,
One possible location is behind the baggage compartment. But it will be hard to service there. Another possibility is to mount it above the baggage on the center brace for the roll bar.

not sure where the standard location is in the rv-12 .. but in the rv-12iS, it is under the baggage floorboard.. accessible thru an access panel in the floor.

sounds like your custom fuel tank would be in the way of the floor... my old rv-6 had it mounted on top of the battery box, which was located in the cabin, against the firewall and floorboard.. between the pilot and copilot's rudder pedals. when i switched it over to a 406Mhz unit, i moved it to the empennage, on the floor.

Bob,
I built a tray and mounted it behind the baggage compartment, essentially the same as the RV-10 is mounted. Access is pretty simple, just pull the bulkhead panel and it?s right there at centerline.

I?d send photos, but trying to attach them to messages on this forum is a hassle.

Back