What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ray Allen Flap Position Sensor

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I read the "gotcha" read up on this and suffice it to say that it is impossible to install after the fact, since drilling that hole is impossible and I have other things that I would rather do, than install the flap cranks.

The question is: Can you drill the hole in a different location on the flap crank. Higher up the flap crank so it can be drilled without removing the flap crank? It looks like the travel of the sensor is about 1".

I guess the really question is: Why is drilling that hole not part of the plans? I assume that this sensor is something that pre-existed the rv-14 and has been installed in the rv-10.

The flap position sensor kit from Van?s was developed for the RV-14, not the RV-10 although it should work for a -10 also.

I did like Bill and took it apart. Pain to do since it was all assembled but took under an hour total but yes it would be great if the plans mentioned it during assembly. Since it plugs into the WH-00125 main wiring harness it would seem like something they would mention since they spec'd the harness to connect to this sensor.

It is (barely) possible to do in situ. Would be much better to do back in chapter 34:mad:
fuselage454.jpg

Thanks to a heads up from someone on the forum, I drilled the hole before installing. I installed the sensor today -it was a piece of cake.

Back