View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 09:44 AM

Even if you could stop a canopy from breaking, it will still deform on impact. Considering that most RV canopies are within inches of your head, it's easy to see that you are likely to be injured or knocked out in the right scenario. Short of being very careful and very lucky, I suspect the brute force technique is the most likely to be successful. I came to this conclusion after taking a bird through the windscreen of the -8 and earning a permanent scar thanks to a face full of plexi shards. The replacement windscreen was a shallow sloped flat wrap of .250 thickness. Wont stop a turkey buzzard, but it ups my chances in a repeat. The Rocket will eventually get a similarly sloped windscreen, but it will be .500 thick owing to the higher speed.
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my own experience - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.

Michael Robinson