What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flipped the canoe!!

dwranda

Well Known Member
Well it's finally my turn to post my flipping of the canoe pics. It looks awesome right side up!! Now to build a rolling stand for it.
28mmr7d.jpg
[/IMG]
ke9t1g.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice. Like the primer and interior colors. What an inspiration.

Thanks! Not sure what I am doing for interior paint yet. I am using Rustoleum rattle can self etching primer for all of it, but for the interior thought I would try a better auto type primer in case I used a better paint. That's the dark gray color. Well, it comes off very easy. One little bump and there it goes. The Rustoleum(green color) has become pretty hard and durable over time. I want to put an interior in so may not paint much of it anyway.

Congrats!! A big step to be sure. I like how you put lots of conduit beneath the baggage floor. It WILL come in handy later on! :)

Big milestone for sure. It seems like I'll never get to that point. I have one of the forward side skins mostly on. Not sure how long before I can flip mine. Real progress seems to be very slow at the moment.

Big milestone for sure. It seems like I'll never get to that point. I have one of the forward side skins mostly on. Not sure how long before I can flip mine. Real progress seems to be very slow at the moment.

Its funny because I think of all the work I put in to get to this point then I see what is left to finish by looking at others build sites and it's a little overwhelming. I tell myself to just keep biting away at this elephant.

Its funny because I think of all the work I put in to get to this point then I see what is left to finish by looking at others build sites and it's a little overwhelming. I tell myself to just keep biting away at this elephant.
Yeah, when I got stumped on a certain area of the build, I'd work on something else that seemed easier. That way, I gave myself some time to ruminate on the problem area, and it was always easier when I came back to it. Keep on keepin' on!

Back