What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric fuel pump replacement

AeroDog

Well Known Member
Friend
I recall within the past couple of years a discussion about the need to replace the electric fuel pump with a different (newer?) model. I don't know if this came from Van's. I've searched the forums and the revisions pages at Van's and can find no reference to this. I even called Van's and the parts person said he was unaware of any directive to replace the pump. Does anyone have any information about this? I've been working long hours, but I don't think I hallucinated it.

Thanks.

Jerre

I haven't seen anything about it. I think there was some discussion about alternative Facet part numbers or something, in case you wanted to buy one from a source other than Van's, but the details are foggy.

There has been a mandatory replacement for the mechanical fuel pumps on the Rotax. I had to do that last year.

i do not recall any discussion regarding the ELECTRIC fuel pump. There was plenty of discussion regarding the replacement of the Rotax ENGINE-DRIVEN pump. If you order a new Facet ELECTRIC pump for the RV-12, be sure to order the correct Facet model -- buy it from Van's to get the correct Facet pump.

Rotax has changed the engine drive pump a couple of times over the years.
The electric pump is still the same one that has always been used.

Rotax has changed the engine drive pump a couple of times over the years.
The electric pump is still the same one that has always been used.

Thanks all. Obviously I confused the talk about the engine-driven pump with the electric pump.

Jerre

SD-19-12-03

Van's SD-19-12-03 is about changing the electric fuel pumps on certain RV-12iS planes, or rather, with the Rotax 912iS engine.

Thanks all. Obviously I confused the talk about the engine-driven pump with the electric pump.

Jerre

There has been some talk in other threads about changing the Facet electric fuel pumps. One place was in one or more vapor lock threads. During my last condition inspection I changed the pump. The new version of the pump supplies a little more fuel pressure. The cost isn’t very expensive and my old pump was 8 years old. No requirement to change, but I wanted to have extra piece of mind to do everything I could to reduce the chance of vapor lock and also have a new pump.. I also changed the engine driven pump because it was beyond service life of 5 years.

40135 Facet electric fuel pump

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=194385&highlight=Vapor+lock

Last edited:
Back