What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR20 tuning

SteveL

Good evening all!
I'd like to install the GTR20 remote comm to save some panel space in my RV7A. I have the GTN650 with the G3X touch. In the unlikely event that I would lose my G3X display it doesn't appear that I can tune the remote any other way. It doesn't look like I can tune the remote from the GTN 650. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
SteveL

SteveL,

I think Rob nailed it. One of the primary reasons for a dual COM installation is for redundancy. The GTN 650 COM would continue to be fully functional.

In addition, if communication is lost or no G3X Touch displays are present, the GTR 20 will automatically tune the emergency frequency (121.500 MHz) and set the COM radio volume to a pre-determined level.

In my airplane, I tune both my GTR 20 and GTN 650 through the G3X Touch display because I like the user interface much better, but in the unlikely event of a display malfunction, you have still have GTN COM controls available on the GTN.

For anyone with multiple G3X Touch display installation, the GTR 20 COM can be tuned or controlled from any G3X Touch display.

Thanks,
Levi

GTR 20 remote

Thanks Levi!
Did not know that the GTR would auto tune 121.5 in the event of a failure. I'm taking the AEA class next week in KC but your info is much appreciated!
SteveL

Back