What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heavens Landing / Mt Aire

g zero

Well Known Member
Looking for a weekend rental this spring and summer . Hopefully a Airpark in the GA, NC or TN hills . Any leads ???

KGKT - Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge

They have rental cars and Uber rides and endless number of places to stay,from hotels to cabin rentals. The airport is just to the north of everything. There is even a really nice aviation museum right on the field.
I'm a member of a Facebook group called Tennessee Pilots they published a flyout announcement in Feb. 2017, inviting all to attend we had 18 people flyin, we had a great time. I flew around looking for the burn area and never could find it. Hard to see it with everything brown. Never could tell while we were driving though Pigeon Forge.
Here is a link to an album from a recent visit:
https://goo.gl/photos/JfJpmH81Us8vp22Z6

Last edited:
Please double check with the folks at Gatlinburg. I know the airport was not touched during the fires last year but they were devastated by wild fires last year. Also, you may ask Brian (Brantel ) ... he lives near Gatlinburg.

Looking for a weekend rental this spring and summer . Hopefully a Airpark in the GA, NC or TN hills . Any leads ???

How about making a trip to First Flight Airport (KFFA) in North Carolina. You will enjoy the flight in your RV and flying where the Wright Brothers first flew is a bucket list must do item. Plenty of places to stay on the outer banks of NC.

:cool:

Last edited:
They have rental cars and Uber rides and endless number of places to stay,from hotels to cabin rentals. The airport is just to the north of everything. There is even a really nice aviation museum right on the field.
I'm a member of a Facebook group called Tennessee Pilots they published a flyout announcement in Feb. 2017, inviting all to attend we had 18 people flyin, we had a great time. I flew around looking for the burn area and never could find it. Hard to see it with everything brown. Never could tell while we were driving though Pigeon Forge.
Here is a link to an album from a recent visit:
https://goo.gl/photos/JfJpmH81Us8vp22Z6

Is this the group you are talking about? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1611924242393460/

I live in Chattanooga area and this seems like a group I'd be interested in joining :)

Bedford Landing in Va.

Bedford Landing on Smith Mountain Lake in Va. is kind of in your search area. It's a B and B on a private airport right on the water. The owner is an RV guy, and we are planning to go there within the next couple months. I'm not sure what type activities your looking for, but I may have some other ideas. Lots of cool airports in both the mountains and lake regions of NC. Check out Boone NC, there is an airport there close to many cabins typically rented during winter.

I have a 3/3 cabin in Blue ridge Mountains close to Blue Ridge airpark (12 min drive) or Blairsville (25min drive) Blue ridge lake is just down the road 10 mins, quite and great views with fishing hiking just about anything you want to do.
You can go to Airbnb or home away #733034 take a look and give us a call.

Please double check with the folks at Gatlinburg. I know the airport was not touched during the fires last year but they were devastated by wild fires last year. Also, you may ask Brian (Brantel ) ... he lives near Gatlinburg.

I live near there and lost 1 of our 3 cabins to the fire. You can go to the city of gatlinburg website to find a map of the affected areas. Most of the attractions are completely untouched. The area is still a nice vacation destination.

Back