What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Location of ECI cylinder serial number

newtech

Well Known Member
Patron
I need to locate the ECI cylinder serial numbers on an RV-9 O-320 that we are helping sell for the family of Ron Jennings who recently flew West. When i replaced my ECI cylinders, due to the AD, ECI's web site was up and had pictures where to locate all the serian/model numbers. The ECI website has also gone West.

Can anyone help with pictures?

I have an O-360 with ECI cylinders. My serial numbers were on the side of the flange where it connects to the case. I have pictures at home but do not have access to them at the moment.

ECi Serial # location

The serial numbers are located on the side of the intake ports. That is 90 degrees from the intake port face where the pipes bolt to the cylinder heads. You may only be able to see one in the front and one in the back of the engine. If they were acquired at the same time as a set or with an engine built by ECi, I may be able to get all 4 of the serial numbers if you give me one of them. The serial numbers are a 4 or 5 digit number followed by a dash and then another number or two.

I have the ECi computer database and that is how I can do the research.

I can be reached at office # 251 436 8122 or email;

[email protected]

Back