What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMU 11 Distance from Servo

lr172

Well Known Member
In my 10, I would like to put the GMU 11 in the right wing tip to save some Canbus wiring length. Otherwise, I need a 25' out and back wiring run if I use the left wing. However, I understand there is a desire to keep the GMU 11 away from servos. Is 4' of separation enough?

Last edited:
In my 10, I would like to put the GMU 11 in the right wing tip to save some Canbus wiring length. Otherwise, I need a 25' out and back wiring run if I use the left wing. However, I understand there is a desire to keep the GMU 11 away from servos. Is 4' of separation enough?
I have the same dilemma, over extending the CAN bus or be close to the servo. My CAN bus will be about 3? or so over the suggested length of 66? or will be about 5 feet away from the Roll servo but within the spec of CAN bus length. In my conversation with Garmin support, they feel going pass the CAN bus length is a better option. The CAN bus length use to be over 100?.

I am going to follow their suggestion and extend the CAN bus.

Back