What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FI Fuel pump plumbing pics?

Iluke

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I'm currently puzzling over how to plumb my high-pressure FI fuel pump (RV-7) and would appreciate seeing pictures of how anyone else has done it.

I'm using the stock Van's fuel valve and the HP pump that Van is currently selling (the one without a return line).

I'm trying to figure the best layout to get everything to fit under the cover, and it is going to require some fancy tube bending. Os if you have the same set up and could share a photo, I'd appreciate it.

thanks
Ivan

I just went through this in the process of converting my fuel system from carb to FI. The plumbing shown on Van OP-21 plan page is much simpler now but the Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump mount are exactly as shown on the plans page.

With the new AFP pump, you only need 3 lines. (1) Fuel selector outlet to Fuel Filter inlet; (2) a U shape line, Filter Out to Fuel Pump Inlet; (3) Fuel Pump Outlet to Firewall fitting. Line (3) goes out facing rearward, takes a U-turn under the Pump/Filter mount (F-7115A) and then goes forward.

I purchased the lines from TS Flightlines. Line (3) in the TS Flight lines package is done in two sections - a hard line that comes out the fuel pump and makes the U-turn under F-7115A and flexible line that goes forward.

I just went through this in the process of converting my fuel system from carb to FI. The plumbing shown on Van OP-21 plan page is much simpler now but the Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump mount are exactly as shown on the plans page.

With the new AFP pump, you only need 3 lines. (1) Fuel selector outlet to Fuel Filter inlet; (2) a U shape line, Filter Out to Fuel Pump Inlet; (3) Fuel Pump Outlet to Firewall fitting. Line (3) goes out facing rearward, takes a U-turn under the Pump/Filter mount (F-7115A) and then goes forward.

I purchased the lines from TS Flightlines. Line (3) in the TS Flight lines package is done in two sections - a hard line that comes out the fuel pump and makes the U-turn under F-7115A and flexible line that goes forward.

I am interested as well. I am building an older -6A and I am not familiar with the AFP pump. I am going to take advantage of Tom's offer, but it really would be helpful if someone could post some pics here. I suspect there would be a lot of builders who would appreciate it. Esp on older kits that are still underway.

Great Thread.

Charlie

Back