What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seatle bound

Jonathan Alvord

Well Known Member
I need to get into Seattle on Friday. What?s the best airport to fly into and get a crew car or rental car. Or am I just better off driving 3hours?

Nothing is right down town... With that being said, I would suggest Renton (KRNT) and Rainier Flight Service. Check ahead with them and they can probably reserve a tie down and maybe the crew car for ya.

I agree with Rainier Flight for a first visit. I've taken lessons there and had some dinners and meetings, they seem very versatile. Call them and tell them what you need.
Galvin at Boeing Field has had rental cars on site but might costs more, so call them and compare. However, it is closer to Downtown Seattle, so it could be better if time is more important. Years ago I tied down over-night at Galvin. Outside tie-down was free if you buy their spendy gas.
If coming more often, perhaps you could get cheaper tie down and have a car delivered at an outlying field.

When I go, I go to Boeing Field and then Uber. If you need a car to be more flexible, or you are headed somewhere else it might be different, but that's what I do.

Tim

Back